Money Munchkids™ FAQ
What is Money Munchkids™?
Money Munchkids™ is a company dedicated to teaching kids K-3rd / ages 5-9 financial education and money management through the creation of high-quality products and services.
Why should we teach financial education to kids?
Everyone deals with finances and money throughout their lives yet this critical life skill isn’t taught in school. When so much of what we do depends on this skill we NEED to teach it as early as possible. Research indicates children start developing habits as young as five years old. Why not start them off developing good financial habits?
Here are a few financial literacy facts that show why financial education is so important.
- Two in five adults give themselves a C, D, or F on their knowledge of personal finance.
- 56% of adults admit that they do not have a budget
- Over 1/3rd of Americans do not pay their bills on time
- The average adult has over $15,000 in credit card debt
- The average student has over $32,000 in debt
- 2/3rd of Americans are currently living paycheck to paycheck
- Most adults have less than $500 in savings
What charter schools are you an approved vendor at?
Don’t see your school? Simply request us as a vendor through your charter school!
Blue Ridge Charter
Pacific Coast Charter Schools
Yosemite Valley Charter
Compass Charter School
Visions in Education
Gorman Learning Center
Ocean Grove Charter Schools
Sky Mountain Charter Schools
South Sutter Charter Schools
Spring Charter Schools
Elite Academic Academy
Heartwood Charter School
Epic Charter Schools
Is financial education just Math with money right?
Nope. This is a HUGE misconception. Financial education and money management include some math but are more about critical thinking, decision making
What’s the difference between financial education and financial literacy?
Not much actually. Really they both mean to understand concepts and skills regarding money and finances.
What’s is the difference between the activity books?
Activity book 1: Make It, Count It, Keep It is more of a basic book that goes over a variety of subjects without going into a lot of depth. It’s a good place to start off. Our Activity Book 2: Making & Using Money focuses on the topics of income and expenses and has a slightly higher skill level.
Do you also teach entrepreneurship?
Although we don’t discourage it, after all, Money
Are your products good for children with special needs?
We hesitate to say our products are specifically made for children with special needs because every child is different. We highly encourage parents to make that decision for themselves based on their individual child’s needs. If you have specific questions please feel free to contact us.
Here’s what we can tell you:
- Our products comply with most of the British Dyslexia Foundations dyslexia friendly criteria.
- We use a dyslexia friendly font as listed by the British Dyslexia Foundation.
- Reviewed by ADDitude Magazine’s (an ADHD & LD oriented magazine) Elizabeth Broadbent, who said: “My child loves this — and, likely, so will yours.”
- Our products have been Autism Approved by the Autism Hope Alliance.
- We use large font sizes in our materials for kids
- We’ve have tried to include various styles of learning in all of our materials
How do I return my order?
We’re sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn’t the best it could have been but we want to make it right! We offer a hassle-free, easy and customer-centric return policy. Click here to view our return policy.
Have a different question? Let us know!